The Urban Forestry Department exists to provide a community forestry program that enhances the quality of life for all citizens by promoting proper planting and maintenance of trees and other vegetation on both public and private property.
What We Do:
- Develop and implement an overall urban forest management program for the City of Alexandria.
- Oversee and conduct tree trimming and removal as required on trees located in city street and alley right-of-ways, utility easements, city parks and other publicly owned property.
- Coordinate response to tree emergency activities resulting from broken limbs or fallen trees.
- Educate the citizens of Alexandria on proper tree maintenance and tree planting procedures.
- Conduct plan review of commercial development projects to ensure that proper tree protection and planting activities are being implemented in accordance with applicable city ordinances
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LouisianaLandCAN.
Urban Forestry Department is not employed by or affiliated with the Louisiana Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Urban Forestry Department
City of Alexandria
P.O. Box 71
Alexandria, LA 71309
Phone: (318) 441-6060
Services provided in:
- Rapides Parish, Louisiana