This striking Greek temple was built chiefly of northern pine circa 1850 by Siemeon Smith. The rear of his home was attached to a smaller 1807 Greek Revival building, which was originally a tavern operated by Barnet Hulick. Shadowlawn remained in the Smith-Berwick-Snowden family for a century and a half. The home was meticulously restored by the late Dr. Mildred Christian, and in 2011 it was donated to the St. Mary Landmarks Society by Dr. Alan Hoberman. View a St. Mary Cannoneers Flag along with othe historic confederate items on display. Hours: Call for hours & admission prices.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LouisianaLandCAN.
Shadowlawn is not employed by or affiliated with the Louisiana Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
906 Main Street
Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: (337) 828-2092
Statewide service provider in: