Mr. Hoggatt is a Partner at the firm and practices in the areas of equine law, agricultural law, criminal defense, and business law. He is admitted to the Louisiana bar.
Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Juris Doctor
Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi, Bachelor of Arts, Focus: Spanish
Tsinghua University/Fudan University, Beijing/Shanghai, China, International Trade Law Certificate, Focus: International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment - 2006
The Hoggatt Law Group provides legal advice and representation to clients throughout Louisiana. While the firm was originally founded to handle all legal issues surrounding horses, livestock and agribusiness, the firm has maintained that focus while serving clients with overlapping needs in other important areas of law.
Our legal practice focuses on the following issues:
- Equine law: Horses and agriculture are the driving passion at Hoggatt Law Group, covering all legal issues related to livestock and horse transactions, including sales, breeding, insurance, racing partnerships, syndications and all other legal needs facing clients in this industry. Traditional clients include Owners, Breeders, Breed Registries, Trainers, Jockeys, Landowners, Partners, Shareholders, Lessors/Lessees, Boarding Stables, Equine Therapeutic Rehabilitation groups, and Organizations preventing animal abuse.
- Insurance defense: The firm defends insured parties and insurance companies, in matters across the agribusiness spectrum. Examples include livestock at large defense, bad faith claims defense and subrogation issues.
- General litigation: The firm handles a wide range of litigation for individuals and private businesses. Examples include bills of lading disputes, forward contracts, spot contracts, lien defense, UCC claims, foreclosure defense, creditor and debtor rights claims, veterinary malpractice defense, criminal defense, administrative action defense, FSA (Farm Services Agency) compliance, NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Services) compliance, Racing Commission appearances and representation, Breeder's Awards disputes and assignments, racing proceeds disputes, syndications, premises liability disputes, and assorted other matters.
- Contract drafting and review: Prudent parties protect their business interests primarily through use of good written contracts. The firm designs and drafts contracts to protect clients' specific interests and prevent needless and/or fruitless litigation. We also review and analyze contracts provided by other parties
- Business litigation and prevention: Since business disputes can threaten the future of a company, the attorney works hard to find creative, cost-effective solutions to serious issues. This approach includes providing our clients with tools to avoid future claims, including the best and most durable Equine and Farm Animal Liability Warning Signs commercially available in Louisiana, as well as on-site Liability Analyses where the client is informed of foreseeable looming issues that could endanger continued business viability. Clients also receive instructions on how to install and utilize protocols to reduce employment issues, defective equipment issues, and latent hazard issues (e.g., dangerous conditions on the premises that should be addressed and remedied). This allows the firm to more effectively defend clients when claims are made, since the client may use the analyses provided to show best efforts to provide a safe and efficient working environment.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LouisianaLandCAN.
Holden Hoggatt is not employed by or affiliated with the Louisiana Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Holden Hoggatt
Hoggatt Law Group
120 Caillouet Place
Lafayette, LA 70501
Toll Free: 877-285-3856
Statewide service provider in: